What happened this week…
- Set our roadmap for 19/20 and set Objectives and Key Results.
- Answered defibrillator enquiries.
- Met with the new CRO specialist to discuss visual testing on the Online Shop.
- Chatted about making a chatbot for volunteers.
- Finished document upload functionality on the Central Ordering site.
- Received stock of our new leisure clothing.
- Began thinking about how to build a ‘Defibrillator Advice Centre’.
- Discussed how the Central Ordering Site will help with continuous improvements at CSC.
- Discussed taking payments for House Clearance’s on the Online Shop.
- Attended the Overherd talk on digital in charities.
Read this week…
- Delivering ‘the right’ 80/20
- Charity Comms Innovation report – Innovation from all angles
- How we made the country’s most accessible grocery shopping app (without anyone noticing)
- Examining consumer purchasing behavior through Alexa and Google Home
- Small, But Fierce: Why Micro-Fulfillment Centers Are Gaining Traction In Retail
- 20 Product Prioritization Techniques: A Map and Guided Tour
- What makes a challenger brand? (Four key characteristics)
Doing next week…
- Training with CSC on the Central Ordering site.
- Scoping the defibrillator buyers user journey with the content experience team.
- Discussing the Ecommerce roadmap for the first quarter of 19/20.
- Attending the Internet Retailing Expo.
- Arranging for photography of the new clothing.
- Writing marketing briefs for new products.
- Setting up bundle products for defibrillators.
- Collecting feedback from the Events teams to improve Tickets.
- Updating our Terms & Conditions to include recommendations for defibrillators.
Interesting stat of the week…
- Throughout March, 73% of users visited the site on mobile or tablet devices, and although spending less time than desktop users (1 min 17 secs for mobile against 2 min 06 secs for desktop), the bounce rate was considerable lower (30% for mobile against 44% for desktop). Desktop converts better (3.1% on desktop against 1.6% on mobile) and accounts for 59% or revenue.
In the not too distant future…
- Reviewing our plan for selling furniture online.