Innovative and ambitious Product Manager with a focus on using technology to achieve impact for good. Skilled in developing an understanding of user needs and owning the roadmap of products that deliver on strategic objectives. Experienced in navigating the challenges of delivering successful digital initiatives in charities and not-for-profit organisations; including managing stakeholders, working with agencies and suppliers, and collaborating with internal teams. Keen commercial, analytical and budgetary management skills. Creative thinker who enjoys a challenge and thrives in dynamic situations. Scrum certified Product Owner, CIM qualified digital marketer and General Assembly trained Product Manager.
Lead Product Manager at British Standards Institution
Jun 19 – Present
BSI is a global not-for-profit National Standards Body with the mission of improving businesses.
- Creating a new cross-functional team to develop a new informational flagship product that is a key part of the organisational strategy to transform its value proposition.
- Developing and owning the strategy, vision and roadmap for the current core product portfolio of seven software products.
- Working with key stakeholders to communicate the product lifecycle and ROI to inform investment decisions.
- Coaching four product managers to demonstrate good product practice across the organisation.
- Reporting to commercial executive board on product development progress.
- Overseeing the test and release cycle.
- Working closely with innovation labs team to research and validate horizon 3 ideas.
- Setting OKR’s for the product management team.
Ecommerce Manager at British Heart Foundation
Sept 14 – May 19
The British Heart Foundation is the UK’s leading heart charity and the largest charity retailer in the world.
- Owned the Ecommerce roadmap, including setting outcome-based targets, prioritising directions-of-travel, and monitoring success metrics.
- Managed the B2B commercial aspects of the BHF’s defibrillator product offering, including supplier negotiation, marketing, customer onboarding, and aligning with the roll-out of the National Defibrillator Network.
- Managed the B2C commercial aspects of the BHF’s blood pressure monitoring programme, including supplier negotiations, range selection, marketing and logistics.
- Manages the roll-out of an organisation-wide customer service platform, including mapping user needs to system configuration and providing training and user support.
- Subject Matter Expert for large IT systems replacement programme using Microsoft Dynamics AX and involving complex data integrations, warehouse management, and cross-team workflows.
- Project managed building a website that allowed fundraisers to request resources and materials with stock and order management backend system.
- Project managed the website rebuild on Magento 2 platform with on-brand design, data interfaces with Dynamics AX, and high-performing user experience and customer journeys.
- Technical support for a number of chatbot developments, including Restart a Heart Day, fundraising events, and defibrillator recommendations.
- GDPR, Data Protection and IT Security Project Lead for Ecommerce business to ensure all data management is compliant with organisational data protection and information security policies.
- Responsible for ongoing operational success of the ecommerce business using the ecommerce website, marketplaces and new business opportunities to grow revenue, increase profitability, improve customer experience and work collaboratively.
- Managed small team and collaborated closely with cross-functional teams involving IT, Retail, Digital, Marketing, Fundraising, Logistics, Customer Services and Finance.
- Budget holder responsibility for ecommerce operations and projects.
- Worked with stakeholders at all levels to secure support for the Ecommerce business.
Senior Digital Marketing Executive (Retail) at the National Trust
Dec 13 – Aug 14
Responsible for redesign of the online shop, ensuring customer journeys are optimised, delivering digital marketing campaigns, and developing acquisition, conversion and retention strategies.
- Using an Agile approach to manage relationships with external agencies including website designer, user testing, and SEO, and internal departments including PPC and display advertising, merchandising, and social media.
- Driving highly qualified traffic to the website with integrated digital marketing campaigns including email, advertising, affiliates, retargeting and social.
- Analysing and reporting on website traffic acquisition, conversion and revenue using Site Catalyst.
- Performing A/B and multivariate testing, user testing, and customer surveying to inform website developments and increase conversion and retention rate.
- Delivering email marketing to 680,000 people across three customer segments on a weekly basis to achieve significant sales.
- Developing social commerce strategy utilising social media, affiliate marketing, and social shopping sites to reach new audiences and raise brand awareness.
Ecommerce Executive (UK) at Oregon Scientific
Jul 12 – Dec 13
Oregon Scientific is a global brand of consumer electronics including weather stations, action cameras, and tablets.
Responsible for online sales and marketing in the UK within the consumer electronics market with a focus on improving conversion rates and developing future-fit business practices.
- Driving quality traffic via integrated SEO, PPC, Affiliate, Email, and Social Media campaigns to engage customers along the conversion funnel and maximise sales.
- Day to day management of ecommerce website and online marketplaces, including product optimisation, order management, and sales reporting.
- Continual optimisation of ecommerce website layout, content, and landing page design, and measuring metrics to achieve an increase in conversions.
- Implementing comprehensive campaigns to launch new brands into competitive markets, from planning and developing online presence to achieving significant sales.
- Managing agency and outsourced relationships including, liaising with design agencies and IT department in Hong Kong, supporting Customer Services team in Romania and Logistics team in the Netherlands.
- Developed logistics systems and processes to ensure clear lines of responsibility for procedures to improve stock control, reduce return rates and provide accurate shipping information to customers.
- Responsible for overseeing IBM Websphere platform development across six country-specific websites, including streamlined customer journey, page design and optimisation, SEO-friendly site structure, and liaising with IT department.
- Analysing sales and website traffic data to inform data-driven planning to improve conversion rate.
- Exploring new markets and analysing business opportunities to expand reach and increase sale.
Online Sales and Marketing Assistant at Dramco
Feb 11 – Jul 12
Dramco is a drop-ship internet company with a focus on providing direct to consumer online sales.
- Identified unmet market segment and lead project to launch new brand, mobile-optimised website, and accompanying online marketing strategy.
- Implemented cross-platform online marketing strategies, including Social Media, SEO and website optimisation to improve brand awareness and deliver value to multiple customer segments.
Therapeutic Support Worker
Aug 00 – Aug 10
Provided care and support for young people with severe and complex emotional and behavioural difficulties in residential, school, and outdoor settings.
Board of Trustees at Buckinghamshire Mind
Oct 15 – Present
Buckinghamshire Mind provides support in the community for people experiencing mental health issues.
- Board of Trustees
- Chair of Finance and Audit Sub-committee.
Strategy & Development at ATBA-UK
Sept 09 – Oct 18
ATBA-UK is the national governing body for mountainboarding in the UK.
- Responsible for Business Strategy and Development Plans to achieve growth objectives.
- Developed innovative business model involving delivering services that utilise network effects to continually grow the customer base.
- Implemented comprehensive marketing strategies with a focus on acquisition and retention to grow the number of participants and channel them into defined market segments.
- Manage a team of volunteers to deliver high quality services to a niche community, including membership benefits, community information and engagement, and competitive events.
Action Sports Alliance
Action Sports Alliance was a community-interest company that provided development projects to support young people facing issues of rural isolation and social mobility.
- Set-up and run the company, including grant and sponsoship applications.
- Delivered team work training projects as part of Schools Enterprise Week across Herefordshire.
- Delivered projects in partnership with Hertfordshire Police to tackle youth anti-social behaviour.
- Utilising multiple data sets to take a holistic approach to analysing business metrics and develop in-depth commercially-sound understanding of the areas of success and opportunities for improvements.
- Taking Agile and Lean approaches to project management to work effectively with stakeholders across multiple business areas and develop innovative system solutions to complex problems.
- Managing agencies, ensuring robust processes are in place to deliver projects in time and on budget.
- Focusing on customer-centric approach to using testing and optimisation tools to improve customer journeys and increase conversion rate, and ensuring that customer experience continues into the real world with delivery services and after sales support.
- Administering CMS Platforms, including: Liquidshop, WordPress, Magento and Websphere, including day-to-day management, security enhancements, and system troubleshooting.
- Designing and delivering training sessions on a digital systems such as websites and customer contact system.
- Developing chatbots to provide conversational user engagement tools to surface organisational data.
- Digital marketing, including: SEO, PPC, Email, Affiliate, Social and Remarketing.
HTML and CSS coding for websites and email.
Training & qualifications
- Product Management Accelerated. Mar 2019.
- Scrum in Action. Apr 2018
- Procurement Training, May 2017
- Management & Leadership, May 2016
- Agile Approaches, Jan 2016
- First Aid at Work, May 2014
- Scrum Product Owner, Scrum Alliance, May 2014
- CIM Diploma in Digital Marketing. Oxford College of Marketing, Mar 2013
- Expedition First Aid
- Fire Safety
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention
- Park Tools Bike Mechanic
- How to Coach Children in Sport
- Introduction to Long Term Athlete Development
- A Club for all
- Equity in your coaching
- Taking in information effectively
- Negotiating for a positive outcome
- Making the right decision
- The art of negotiating
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- Risk assessment for off-site activities
- Counselling Skills
- PRICE (bild)
- Principles of Manual Handling
- Foundation Certificate in Food Hygiene
- Level 1 Award in Sports Leadership
- Level 1 Award in Community Sports Leadership
- MA. Fine Art. University of Reading, Jun 2000
- BA (hons) 1st. Fine Art. Sheffield Hallam University, May 1998