Innovative and strategic-thinking Product Manager with a focus on using technology to achieve impact for good. Skilled in developing an understanding of user needs and owning the roadmap of products that deliver on strategic objectives. Experienced in navigating the challenges of delivering successful digital initiatives in charities and not-for-profit organisations; including managing stakeholders, working with agencies and suppliers, and collaborating with internal teams. Keen commercial, analytical and budgetary management skills. Creative thinker who enjoys a challenge and thrives in dynamic situations.
Lead Product Manager at Prince’s Trust
Jan 20 – present
The Prince’s Trust is a national charity that supports young people to achieve their potential.
- Manage young person -facing products, including the newly developed Learning Hub that enables young people to join virtual training courses.
- Working as part of a cross functional product team including design, analysis, content, project, development and testing.
- Key contributor in the development of digital safeguarding across all technologies.
- Worked with new cross-functional team to develop value proposition for a new product to support young people during the Coronavirus outbreak.
Lead Product Manager at British Standards Institution
Jun 19 – Dec 19
BSI is a global not-for-profit National Standards Body for the UK with the mission of improving businesses across all sectors.
- Created a new cross-functional team to develop a new informational flagship product that is a key part of the organisational strategy to transform its value proposition.
- Developed and owned the strategy, vision and roadmap for the current core product portfolio of seven software products.
- Worked with key stakeholders to communicate the product lifecycle and ROI to inform investment decisions.
- Coached four product managers to demonstrate good product practice across the organisation.
- Oversaw the test and release cycle.
- Worked closely with innovation labs team to research and validate horizon 3 ideas.
- Set OKR’s for the product management team.
Ecommerce Manager at British Heart Foundation
Sept 14 – May 19
The British Heart Foundation is the UK’s leading heart charity and the largest charity retailer in the world.
- Owned the Ecommerce roadmap, including setting outcome-based targets, prioritising directions-of-travel, and monitoring success metrics.
- Managed the B2B commercial aspects of the BHF’s defibrillator product offering, including supplier negotiation, marketing, customer onboarding, and aligning with the roll-out of the National Defibrillator Network.
- Managed the B2C commercial aspects of the BHF’s blood pressure monitoring programme, including supplier negotiations, range selection, marketing and logistics.
- Managed the roll-out of an organisation-wide customer service platform, including mapping user needs to system configuration and providing training and user support.
- Subject Matter Expert for large IT systems replacement programme using Microsoft Dynamics AX and involving complex data integrations, warehouse management, and cross-team workflows.
- Project managed building a website that allowed fundraisers to request resources and materials with stock and order management backend system.
- Project managed the website rebuild on Magento 2 platform with on-brand design, data interfaces with Dynamics AX, and high-performing user experience and customer journeys.
- Technical support for a number of chatbot developments, including Restart a Heart Day, fundraising events, and defibrillator recommendations.
- GDPR, Data Protection and IT Security Project Lead for Ecommerce business to ensure all data management is compliant with organisational data protection and information security policies.
- Responsible for ongoing operational success of the ecommerce business using the ecommerce website, marketplaces and new business opportunities to grow revenue, increase profitability, improve customer experience and work collaboratively.
- Managed small team and collaborated closely with cross-functional teams involving IT, Retail, Digital, Marketing, Fundraising, Logistics, Customer Services and Finance.
- Budget holder responsibility for ecommerce operations and projects.
- Worked with stakeholders at all levels to secure support for the Ecommerce business.
Senior Digital Marketing Executive (Retail) at the National Trust
Dec 13 – Aug 14
The National Trust is the UK’s leading heritage and conversation charity.
- Responsible for redesign of the online shop, ensuring customer journeys are optimised, delivering digital marketing campaigns, and developing acquisition, conversion and retention strategies.
- Used an Agile approach to manage relationships with external agencies including website designer, user testing, and SEO, and internal departments including PPC and display advertising, merchandising, and social media.
- Drove highly qualified traffic to the website with integrated digital marketing campaigns including email, advertising, affiliates, retargeting and social.
- Analysis and reporting on website traffic acquisition, conversion and revenue using Site Catalyst.
- Performed A/B and multivariate testing, user testing, and customer surveying to inform website developments and increase conversion and retention rate.
- Delivered email marketing to 680,000 people across three customer segments on a weekly basis to achieve significant sales.
- Developed social commerce strategy utilising social media, affiliate marketing, and social shopping sites to reach new audiences and raise brand awareness.
Ecommerce Executive (UK) at Oregon Scientific
Jul 12 – Dec 13
Oregon Scientific is a global brand of consumer electronics including weather stations, action cameras, and tablets.
- Responsible for online sales and marketing in the UK within the consumer electronics market with a focus on improving conversion rates and developing future-fit business practices.
- Drove quality traffic via integrated SEO, PPC, Affiliate, Email, and Social Media campaigns to engage customers along the conversion funnel and maximise sales.
- Day to day management of ecommerce website and online marketplaces, including product optimisation, order management, and sales reporting.
- Continual optimisation of ecommerce website layout, content, and landing page design, and measuring metrics to achieve an increase in conversions.
- Implemented comprehensive campaigns to launch new brands into competitive markets, from planning and developing online presence to achieving significant sales.
- Managed agency and outsourced relationships including, liaising with design agencies and IT department in Hong Kong, supporting Customer Services team in Romania and Logistics team in the Netherlands.
- Developed logistics systems and processes to ensure clear lines of responsibility for procedures to improve stock control, reduce return rates and provide accurate shipping information to customers.
- Responsible for overseeing IBM Websphere platform development across six country-specific websites, including streamlined customer journey, page design and optimisation, SEO-friendly site structure, and liaising with IT department.
- Analysed sales and website traffic data to inform data-driven planning to improve conversion rate.
- Explored new markets and analysing business opportunities to expand reach and increase sale.
Online Sales and Marketing Assistant at Dramco
Feb 11 – Jul 12
Dramco is a drop-ship internet company with a focus on providing direct to consumer online sales.
- Identified unmet market segment and lead project to launch new brand, mobile-optimised website, and accompanying online marketing strategy.
- Implemented cross-platform online marketing strategies, including Social Media, SEO and website optimisation to improve brand awareness and deliver value to multiple customer segments.
Occasional Product Advisor
Oct 20 – Present
Charity and social good sector product advice and guidance.
- Providing product-orientated advice and guidance within the charity sector.
Board of Trustees at Buckinghamshire Mind
Oct 15 – Present
Buckinghamshire Mind provides support in the community for people experiencing mental health issues.
- Board of Trustees
- Finance and Audit Sub-committee.
Strategy & Development at ATBA-UK
Sept 09 – Oct 18
ATBA-UK is the national governing body for mountainboarding in the UK.
- Responsible for Business Strategy and Development Plans to achieve growth objectives.
- Developed innovative business model involving delivering services that utilise network effects to continually grow the customer base.
- Implemented comprehensive marketing strategies with a focus on acquisition and retention to grow the number of participants and channel them into defined market segments.
- Manage a team of volunteers to deliver high quality services to a niche community, including membership benefits, community information and engagement, and competitive events.
Action Sports Alliance
Action Sports Alliance was a community-interest company that provided development projects to support young people facing issues of rural isolation and social mobility.
- Set-up and run the company, including grant and sponsorship applications.
- Delivered team work training projects as part of Schools Enterprise Week across Herefordshire.
- Delivered projects in partnership with Hertfordshire Police to tackle youth anti-social behaviour.
- Crafting product vision and strategy to align with organisational objectives, and owning the product roadmap and delivery plans for achieving outcomes.
- Developing integrated digital and physical products and services that balance user needs with organisational constraints to solve complex problems.
- Leading cross-functional product development teams to reach clarity of purpose, resolve challenges collaboratively and achieve shared multi-disciplinary understanding.
- Working at pace and with pragmatism to deliver products using Agile, Lean and Design Thinking methods and principles.
- Communicating effectively with stakeholders of different seniority and specialisms to align organisational requirements with technical development, and established processes with new changes.
- Utilising market insight, user research and data analysis to aid decision-making and using prototypes to validate assumptions and secure stakeholder buy-in.
- Planning and prioritisation to maximise the effective balancing of discovery, design, development and delivery activities to build the right product that solves the right problem.
Training & qualifications
- Foundations of Humane Technology. Sept 2021.
- MSc Business Innovation. Birkbeck, University of London. Aug 2021.
- Service Design. University of the Arts, London. Mar 2021
- Mental Health First Aider. Buckinghamshire Mind. May 2019
- Product Management Accelerated. General Assembly. Mar 2019
- Scrum in Action. Apr 2018
- Procurement Training, May 2017
- Management & Leadership, May 2016
- Agile Approaches, Jan 2016
- First Aid at Work, May 2014
- Scrum Product Owner, Scrum Alliance, May 2014
- CIM Diploma in Digital Marketing. Oxford College of Marketing. Mar 2013
- Expedition First Aid
- Park Tools Bike Mechanic
- How to Coach Children in Sport
- Introduction to Long Term Athlete Development
- A Club for all
- Equity in your coaching
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- Level 1 Award in Sports Leadership
- Level 1 Award in Community Sports Leadership
- MA. Fine Art. University of Reading, Jun 2000
- BA (hons) 1st. Fine Art. Sheffield Hallam University, May 1998