We’re going all listicle for what happened at Round two of the ATBA-UK International Series at The Edge in Shropshire on the 18 & 19th June 2011.
Top Five Reasons To Have Been At The Edge
- It’s a Centre that doesn’t get enough love from the mountainboarders.
- It was World Mountainboarding Day.
- Breakfast in a box.
- Renny Myles was there.
Top Six Genius Ideas of The Weekend
- Old-skool MBS decks
- Toed-in and out wheels.
- Hybrid boards.
- Dressing like Matt Brind.
- Having more battery for your Go-Pro.
- Outside Lines.
Top Seven BoarderX Best Bits
- Ryan Bunting tooling up to stab the other riders on the way down the track.
- Richard Fisher’s smooth whip-round the pile up in the first berm.
- Simon Neck jumping over James Wanklyn.
- Max Rye showing true Pro BX skills.
- Jonny Wheeler coming 2nd in his first comp.
- Rachel La Roche coming first after thinking of dropping out.
- Raph finally on the BX podium after eleven years.
Top Eight Injuries Of The Weekend
- Ian Williams breaking his arm (ouch, seriously. Get well soon).
- Rory faceplanting off a rail.
- Dunstan ending up on the bottom of a four-man first berm pile-up.
- Max Rye with his magic dislocating/reloacting kneecap.
- Phil De havilland-hall knackering his achilles tendon.
- Mark Adams with the ‘now I look ‘ard’ swollen lip.
- Andy Milenkovic’s back looking like he won’t be laying down for a week.
- Andy Brind getting concussed every time he steps on a mountainboard.
Top Nine Freestyle Factors
- Piers ‘Stromtrooper’ Sutton going big.
- Lisa getting the backflip and only just over-rotating a rodeo.
- Tyrone pulling boned-to-the-max nose grabs
- Chris Horsley’s too smooth bs cork five, backflip and frontflip.
- Tom ‘the man with no pain threshold’ Sharp nailing a rodeo.
- Sam ‘he’s got springs in his legs’ Nicholas boing-ing back-to-back backflips.
- A beautiful laid-out backflip from Leo (we should have seen more).
- Angry Andy nailing an awesome backside cork seven.
- Simon Neck attempting a barrel roll.
Top Ten Highlights Of The Weekend
- Riding The Wrekin Friday night with Goofy & Mutley in total darkness, rain and thick fog (ok, that was just my highlight).
- Spending World Mountainboard Day with a truly awesome bunch of people.
- Dancing on top of vans.
- The sun shining just when we needed it.
- The coincidental arrival of an ice cream van.
- Noggin’s Heli-cam.
- Meeting the most awesome medic in the world.
- Ben Searles’ life flashing before his eyes as Joe Leonard drifts wide on a five.
- Ending the freestyle jam with a Pro train.
- And finally… Getting the Results up Sunday night!
For media including ace vids & more great photos follow the links 🙂
Ben Rye’s video
Ben Searle’s video
Simon Neck’s video
Emlyn Bainbridge’s video
Noggin’s Heli-cam video
Mountainboarding’s Facebook media page photo gallery
Theo Acworth’s full Facebook photo gallery
Thanks to all at The Edge, ATBA-UK, the sponsors, and everyone at the event.
Photos copyright Andy Rolfe
Originally published on Remolition.com