Passionate and ambitious Ecommerce Manager with a focus on understanding the end-to-end processes of the ecommerce business, and delivering improvement and development projects that drive increases against agreed KPI’s. Experienced in navigating the challenges of delivering commercially successful business models within charity, not-for-profit, and social enterprise environments, including managing stakeholders, working with agencies and suppliers, and collaborating with teams and functions across the organisation.
Skilled in developing and implementing integrated multi-channel marketing strategies and campaigns to maximise return on investment. Keen analytical skills and a systematic approach to developing and delivering systems and processes to deliver website design, data integration and continual improvement projects. Creative thinker who enjoys a challenge and thrives in dynamic situations.
Ecommerce Manager at the British Heart Foundation
Sept 14 – present
Responsible for operational success of the ecommerce business using the online shop, marketplaces and new business opportunities to grow revenue, increase profitability, improve customer experience and work collaboratively.
- Manage cross-functional teams involving IT, Retail, Digital, Marketing, Fundraising, Logistics, Customer Services and Finance to deliver a range of projects that provide incremental improvements at every stage of the customer journey, including website redesign, drop-shipping, merchandising systems and logistics.
- Developed clear understanding of customer segments and customer journeys from across the organisation to ensure that the customer experience on the Online Shop met with expectations and needs of the customer, and delivered upon the organisation’s promise to it’s supporters.
- Manage online shop platform (Magento), including: product ranging, marketing initiatives, order management, data transfer and integration, and customer services.
- Developed business-wide in-depth analysis and reporting to raise visibility of costs and profitability, deliver improved financial planning and budgeting.
Senior Digital Marketing Executive (Retail) at the National Trust
Dec 13 – Aug 14
Responsible for redesign of the online shop, ensuring customer journeys are optimised, delivering digital marketing campaigns, and developing acquisition, conversion and retention strategies.
- Using an Agile approach to manage relationships with external agencies including website designer, user testing, and SEO, and internal departments including PPC and display advertising, merchandising, and social media.
- Driving highly qualified traffic to the website with integrated digital marketing campaigns including email, advertising, affiliates, retargeting and social.
- Analysing and reporting on website traffic acquisition, conversion and revenue using Site Catalyst.
- Performing A/B and multivariate testing, user testing, and customer surveying to inform website developments and increase conversion and retention rate.
- Delivering email marketing to 680,000 people across three customer segments on a weekly basis to achieve significant sales.
- Developing social commerce strategy utilising social media, affiliate marketing, and social shopping sites to reach new audiences and raise brand awareness.
Ecommerce Executive (UK) at Oregon Scientific
Jul 12 – Dec 13
Oregon Scientific is a global brand of consumer electronics including weather stations, action cameras, and tablets.
Responsible for online sales and marketing in the UK within the consumer electronics market with a focus on improving conversion rates and developing future-fit business practices.
- Driving quality traffic via integrated SEO, PPC, Affiliate, Email, and Social Media campaigns to engage customers along the conversion funnel and maximise sales.
- Day to day management of ecommerce website and online marketplaces, including product optimisation, order management, and sales reporting.
- Continual optimisation of ecommerce website layout, content, and landing page design, and measuring metrics to achieve an increase in conversions.
- Implementing comprehensive campaigns to launch new brands into competitive markets, from planning and developing online presence to achieving significant sales.
- Managing agency and outsourced relationships including, liaising with design agencies and IT department in Hong Kong, supporting Customer Services team in Romania and Logistics team in the Netherlands.
- Developed logistics systems and processes to ensure clear lines of responsibility for procedures to improve stock control, reduce return rates and provide accurate shipping information to customers.
- Responsible for overseeing IBM Websphere platform development across six country-specific websites, including streamlined customer journey, page design and optimisation, SEO-friendly site structure, and liaising with IT department.
- Analysing sales and website traffic data to inform data-driven planning to improve conversion rate.
- Exploring new markets and analysing business opportunities to expand reach and increase sale.
Online Sales and Marketing Assistant at Dramco
Feb 11 – Jul 12
Dramco is a drop-ship internet company with a focus on providing direct to consumer online sales.
- Identified unmet market segment and lead project to launch new brand, mobile-optimised website, and accompanying online marketing strategy.
- Implemented cross-platform online marketing strategies, including Social Media, SEO and website optimisation to improve brand awareness and deliver value to multiple customer segments.
Therapeutic Support Worker
Aug 00 – Aug 10
Provided care and support for young people with severe and complex emotional and behavioural difficulties in residential, school, and outdoor settings.
Board of Trustees at Buckinghamshire Mind
Oct 15 – Present
Buckinghamshire Mind provides support in the community for people experiencing mental health issues.
- Board of Trustees
- Chair of Finance and Audit Sub-committee.
Strategy & Development at ATBA-UK (Voluntary)
Sept 09 – Present
ATBA-UK is the national governing body for mountainboarding in the UK.
- Responsible for Business Strategy and Development Plans to achieve growth objectives.
- Developed innovative business model involving delivering services that utilise network effects to continually grow the customer base.
- Implemented comprehensive marketing strategies with a focus on acquisition and retention to grow the number of participants and channel them into defined market segments.
- Manage a team of volunteers to deliver high quality services to a niche community, including membership benefits, community information and engagement, and competitive events.
Action Sports Alliance
Action Sports Alliance was a community-interest company that provided development projects to support young people facing issues of rural isolation and social mobility.
- Set-up and run the company, including grant and sponsoship applications.
- Delivered team work training projects as part of Schools Enterprise Week across Herefordshire.
- Delivered projects in partnership with Hertfordshire Police to tackle youth anti-social behaviour.
- Utilising Agile Project Management to work effectively with stakeholders across multiple business areas.
- Administering CMS Platforms, including: Liquidshop, WordPress, Magento and Websphere.
- Digital Marketing, including: SEO, PPC, Email, Affiliate, Social and Remarketing.
- Website Design, focusing on optimising customer journeys to increase conversion rate.
- Developing innovative system solutions to complex problems.
- HTML and CSS coding, for websites and email.
- First Aid at Work. May 2014.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (Agile Project Management). Scrum Alliance. May 2014.
- CIM Diploma in Digital Marketing. Oxford College of Marketing. Mar 2013.
- MA. Fine Art. University of Reading. Jun 2000.
- BA (hons). 1st. Fine Art. Sheffield Hallam University. May 1998.
- Expedition First Aid
- Fire Safety
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention
- Park Tools Bike Mechanic
- How to Coach Children in Sport
- Introduction to Long Term Athlete Development
- A Club for all
- Equity in your coaching
- Taking in information effectively
- Negotiating for a positive outcome
- Making the right decision
- The art of negotiating
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- Risk assessment for off-site activities
- Counselling Skills
- PRICE (bild)
- Principles of Manual Handling
- Foundation Certificate in Food Hygiene
- Level 1 Award in Sports Leadership
- Level 1 Award in Community Sports Leadership