How do product managers determine what customers want and need?
Product managers determine what customers want and need by engaging in a variety of activities, such as:
- Conducting customer research and surveys to gain insights into customer attitudes and preferences.
- Analyzing customer feedback from customer service, support, and product reviews.
- Analyzing market trends and competitive intelligence.
- Evaluating customer data from usage and engagement analytics.
- Participating in customer interviews and focus groups.
- Working with customer-facing teams such as sales, marketing, and customer service to gain insights into customer needs and preferences.
- Creating usability tests to understand how customers interact with products.
- Leveraging customer feedback and insights to create user personas.
- Developing customer journey maps to better understand customer needs and desires.